Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mocha Lounge Episode 2



In the second episode of The Mocha Lounge, co-hosts Rob and Ramon talk about Darryl Stephens' Instinct Magazine cover story, lament the absence of actual gay men on the cover of gay male magazines, and offer up an early mini-review of Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom. (Note, Logo is releasing Noah's Arc and is also AfterElton.com's parent company.)

Our two co-hosts then discuss this week's "Under the Radar" pick, cult ballroom culture documentary Paris is Burning, and talk about some sobering developments among gay men of color in the "What's New with Us" segment.

To wrap it all up, last week's inaugural "What's the Q?" is finally answered by the guys with some help from last episode's viewers, and a sure-to-be-controversial topic is brought up for discussion heading into Episode 3.

3 comments:

Langston Baldwin said...

Keep up the good work.
I admire you guys for being a bold - brave and beautiful voice for us BROTHAS in tha life.

GinchGonch86 said...

NOAH'S ARC: JUMPING THE BROOM IS A-MAZING!!! I SAW IT IN CHICAGO OPENING WEEKEND!!! I got the soundtrack last friday and it is good. I recommend! I saw PARIS IS BURNING this past weekend and I loved it. Keep doin' what you guys do!!! I love it!!! ; )

GinchGonch86 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.